I have returned from the most moving trip to Haiti. It’s really truly amazing what happens when you dive into an experience with your whole heart and soul. I am going through photos and videos and will be posting as much as I can over the next few days.
I want to give a huge shoutout and thank you to my digital sisters that shared in this experience with me. Without them, this trip would not have been the same. We bonded in a way that is hard to describe, in part because we had the opportunity to share with each other and in part because we were all really open to sharing with each other.
I created a Twitter list called Heart of Haiti to keep these digital sisters connected and also to let more people follow along with the goodness they are creating in this world.
Our inspirational leaders!
- @willashalit: Social entrepreneur, Fair Trade activist, artist, merchant, mom, knitter, traveler. http://www.fairwindstrading.com
- @danicakombol: Everywhere Communicator, Catalyst, Pie Baker, Partner in Social Media Marketing Firm, Everywhere, Guinness Record Holder for #beatcancer. http://www.beeverywhere.tv
Who are these inspiring women? Let’s see…
- @anandaleeke: Yoga + Creativity + Internet Geek = Ananda Leeke. Innerpreneur. Author. Artist. Coach. Yoga Teacher. Her next book is @DigitalSisterhd, a memoir (12/11). http://www.anandaleeke.com
- @prtini: Social Media • President of Geben Communication • #pr20chat co-moderator • Love reading, nachos, wine, sports & my iPhone • email@example.com. http://gebencommunication.com
- @JohnicaReed: Travel tastemaker, writer & twentysomething entrepreneur with a passion for curated experiences. Bringing you destination inspiration from around the globe. http://johnicareed.com
- @msciocia: Professional Ghost Tweeter. http://www.lauraciocia.com
And the partners that helped make this possible:
- @BeEverywhere: We blend digital, social, experiential, and traditional marketing tactics and solve problems for our clients. Social Media Guinness Record holder #beatcancer
- @CBHaitiFund: At the request of President Obama, we are partnering to help the Haitian people reclaim their country and rebuild their lives. http://www.clintonbushhaitifund.org
- Heart of Haiti
- @brittont13: Digital Coordinator and Social Media Specialist living in Atlanta GA. Passionate about food, fashion, and fun!
A special shoutout to the non-Twitterers of the group: Deana, Juliana and Chad. It was amazing to spend this time with you. Thank you for sharing yourselves and making this trip so incredible. Many thanks also to Natalie and Pascale, the program directors in Haiti for Fairwinds, you both were simply amazing. Your passion and dedication to your culture within Haiti was an inspiration. And another hello to Taryn who had planned to join us but couldn’t at the last minute. You were there with us in spirit.
Here’s to creating special bonds with amazing women. Willa said on the trip that so many people have asked her about Haiti and her work in Haiti. She told them, “Come to Haiti and see for yourself.” Until this past weekend, no one had gone. The biggest success of the whole trip? THAT WE WENT. That we made the trip. That we said YES. That we broke through our own barriers and made room in our busy lives as professional women to make this trip come alive. That is the most magical part of all. Thank you to all you incredible, beautiful women for joining me in Haiti. #onelove