Really why do we do anything but to curry favor with our parents? In my case, my mom. I told her I was up to BIG things this year and that my good deeds wouldn’t go unnoticed. So see Mom! Aren’t you proud of me? At any rate, what I really want to share is that our grassroots campaign Cause It’s My Birthday is closing in just a few days (10/31 at midnight EST to be exact). We’ve kept the donations open all month in part because we’re sooooooo close to our $20,000 goal. Yes, only $1,200 shy. That’s a few clicks of the button from people like YOU. Ahem, just saying. But also because donations REALLY do keep coming in. In large part because of press, blogs, word of mouth and we figured, hey why not keep it open all month.
I wanted to give a press update then – as a follow up to THIS post on the first round of press.
- Triple Pundit by Gennefer Snowfield; It’s My Birthday and I’ll Give If I Want To
- Socialbrite Interview by JD Lasica (video seen at the top of this post); An inventive cause campaign to fight malaria
- Social Earth by Ashley: October 3rd-9th: Bring Out the Birthday PresNETS!
- LAist post by Christine Ziemba: Pencil This In: ArtNight in Pasadena and Sloane’s Birthday Bash
- Escape Hatcher podcast with Susan Baker (this one was super fun, LONG story how I know Susan but she’s one of the first five people I EVER met in LA. Ask me about it sometime. Small world); Sloane Berrent of TheCausemopolitan.com and Causeitsmybirthday.com
- Pirate Cat Radio by Steph Dub; CAUSE it’s my birthday- Fight Malaria benefit
- les pensées insouciantes a blog by Matt Rosen: GPICT – “Cause It’s My Birthday:” A Birthday Celebration and Fundraiser All in One
- Drew Meyers (a Seattle host has this to say): Help Raise Money for Malaria
- SeaMo: Connecting the Microfinance Community happily promoted in Chicago and Seattle (thanks!): Cause It’s My Birthday
Of course to everyone who twittered, facebooked, emailed, spread the word and in general rawked and made things awesome – WOW. This literally could not have happened without everyone’s support and from our nonprofit partner Netting Nations and the net manufacturer, Vestergaard Frandsen to the families you’ve helped and from Doug and I – THANK YOU.
If you liked this post you might like:
What You Can Do To Help Cause It’s My Birthday
#fightmalaria campaign update
The Fight Against Malaria Press for Cause It’s My Birthday!